New York City … here they come! Joel Clark and Ryan Wilmsmeier to compete in the 2012 Mixing Star Bartender Competition

 

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

 

Sanctuaria

4198 Manchester Avenue

Saint Louis, MO  63110

www.sanctuariastl.com

(314) 535-9700


Saint Louis, MO (May 12, 2012) – Sanctuaria, recently named the BEST PLACE FOR COCKTAILS by the Riverfront Times and winner of the 2012 OPEN TABLE DINERS CHOICE AWARD, is proud to announce that “Spirits Guide” Joel Clark and Ryan Wilmsmeier, another familiar face from behind the bar, are leaving bright and early Monday morning for the Big Apple to compete in the Northeast Regional Semifinals for the Disaronno 2012 Mixing Star Bartender Competition at the Tippler in New York City.  Clark and Wilmsmeier will each prepare a noteworthy concoction, in hopes of flattering the judges with their innovative skills, creative recipes and individual flair. The top three finalists from the Northeast Regional Competition will advance to compete in the the finals to be hosted in Las Vegas on June 4, 2012.  The Grand Prize winner will receive a trip to Bollywood (Mumbai, India) and a chance to appear in a Bollywood film.

The Disaronno 2012 Mixing Star Bartender Competition is seeking a bartender with “stage presence” and “star quality” – the consummate mixologist who exhibits both technical skill and embodies the element of performance and entertainment.  Each contestant will prepare an original cocktail recipe using Disaranno. The cocktail itself will be 60% of the scoring and the other 40% about the bartender and their use of Disaronno in the drink.

For additional information, contact Alison Hankins, Chief Marketing Officer, at cmo@nectarmediagroup.com or by phone at (314) 535-9700.

About Sanctuaria

Sanctuaria, owned by Ami Grimes and Gurpreet Padda, offer exclusive menu selections with a modern twist paired with fresh cocktails that are made-to-order. Recently dubbed as the “sanctuary in the city”, the space is warm and inviting with an alluring appeal.  The tapas and cocktail menus incorporate the freshest, most locally produced ingredients possible with new and innovative ideas.

# # #